Lhasa Potala Palace
Lhasa Tour takes us to the most alluring destinations of Tibet. Tibet is the forbidden land famous for ancient religion, pristine culture and amazing arts. Tibet nestles at the average elevation of around 4000m in the almost never-ending Tibetan Plateau. Lhasa Tour Sightseeing thus is a combination of the ancient cultural experience . Along with the view of the magnificent arid landscapes and the giant Himalayan Peaks.
The palace’s rooms, numbering around 1,000 include the Dalai Lama’s living quarters, as well as murals, chapels, and tombs. The surrounding peaks of Lhasa range between the 4,400 M to 5,300 M above the sea level and the Lhasa city are commanded by three main hills –Marpori, Chakpori & Barmari. The weather of the Lhasa is very unique where between July to August the season is rainy as more than 300 days sunshine.
Day 01: Arrival to Lhasa.
Day 02: Explore Lhasa (Potala Palace– Jokang temple)
Day 03: Explore Lhasa (Derpu monastery)
Day 04: Final Departure.
2-3 Hrs flight Lhasa hotel
You will be received by your Tibetan guide at Gonggar Airport. After immigration formalities take a 1.5-hour drive along 93 KM road leading to Lhasa lying at an altitude of 3,660 meters. It’s advisable to rest and take it easy for the remainder of the day due to Lhasa’s altitude.
After breakfast at the hotel, visit Potala Palace, Potala Palace is the worldwide known cardinal landmark of Tibet. The massive structure itself contains a small world within it. Mostly it is renowned as residence of the Dalai Lama lineages (Avalokiteshvara). In afternoon, visit to Jokang Temple, Jokang temple is the most sacred shrine in Tibet which was built in 7th century and located at the heart of old town in Lhasa, the circuit around it called Barkhor street, which is a good place to purchase souvenirs. Both of them are the focal points of pilgrims from entire Tibetan world. Overnight at Lhasa
Today you get more acquainted with the mystiques of Lhasa. In the morning after breakfast, you will set off to view majestic Potala Palace towering above city of Lhasa. You get to witness unique, pristine and overwhelming array of intricate Tibetan murals, temples, stupas, and tombs of eight past Dalai Lamas from a perfect vantage point. Ancient Tibetan cultures come alive with your every exploration. Later in the noon after lunch, you will visit beautifully landscaped Drepung Monastery. You can observe nuns and monks chanting and performing religious discourses. After this religious journey, you eventually return to your hotel for delicious dinner and well-eared peaceful sleep.
After breakfast at hotel, you and your guide will drive you to Lhasa airport or train station. It is the time to say farewells to your guide and driver. The trip ends.
- China visa, all air tickets and train tickets to and from Tibet.
- Private professional Local Tibetan English-speaking tour guide
- The private vehicle with driver and Luggage Transfers.
- All necessary Tibet travel permits.
- All accommodations, based on double occupancy with attached bathroom in city and Guesthouse or tent in remote areas.
- Meals, as noted in the itinerary. (B-Breakfast, L-Lunch, D-Dinner)
- Admission fees and activity expenses, as noted in the itinerary
- Service Charge (the planning, handling, operational and communication charges) & government taxes.
- Tourists Accident/Casualty Insurance
What's not included?
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary.
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional tour activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- Excess Baggage Charges, Single room supplement.
Best Price Guarantee